Registration for Exelon's 2019 Fishing for a Cure Children's Fishing Derby is now open. The event occurs Saturday, May 4. Pre-register for the event to make sure your kids get to participate. Contact Site Communicator Brett Nauman by email or at extension 3184 to register. You can pay on the day of the event.
Some more details:
- Kids Derby is limited to 70 children.
- $5 registration fee.
- Fishing occurs from 10 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. at Godley Pond
- Kids can still register the day of the tournament (starting at 9 a.m.), as long as the maximum has not been met.
- Each child must be accompanied by an adult (does not have to be 1/1 ratio).
- No fishing until the tournament begins.
- Each fish caught must be measured and recorded on a note card by a tournament official.
- Each fish must be released after being measured.
- Each child will receive a shirt.
- There will be three age groups:
- Prizes awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place for each category (most fish).
- Overall trophy (combined) for biggest fish and smallest fish.
- Lunch will be available around 11:30 a.m.
- Awards will follow lunch (around noon).