Exelon Nuclear Partners draws on the expertise of Exelon Nuclear to work with existing operators and those new to nuclear development and operations to plan and develop new nuclear projects with high production capabilities and leading management efficiencies.
A division of Exelon Generation, Exelon Nuclear Partners works to design and implement protocols to ensure nuclear plants reach their maximum potential in the near and long term. Companies can leverage our expertise as the largest nuclear energy operator and provider in the United States to maximize the return on their investment and realize the greatest value from their nuclear development programs.
Exelon Nuclear Partners Advantage
Exelon’s consistency and success is driven by the Exelon Nuclear Management Model, a proprietary, process-based operations methodology. The Exelon Nuclear Management Model contains more than 2,000 programs, policies, processes and tools, enabling Exelon to replicate sustained high-level safety and performance across every unit.
Learn more about the Exelon Nuclear Management Model.
Levering the Expertise of Exelon Nuclear
- Licensing and Permitting
- We assist other companies in selecting a site for their new nuclear power projects.
- We provide risk management assessment, financial and economic assessment, communications and public affairs support, project management and oversight, and appropriate staffing.
- We work with companies to ensure efficient and effective application and licensing processes.
- Exelon has extensive experience working with regulatory bodies. We recently developed and submitted a Combined Operating License Application for a new nuclear power unit in a record 10 months.
- We have the expertise to oversee construction of new nuclear units.
- Our process and project management professionals provide the necessary oversight for construction-related matters.
- We provide guidance on the proper training and procedures that must be put into place to ensure high-level operations.
- With the Exelon Nuclear Management Model as a guide to new or existing nuclear projects, the proper programs, tightly defined work processes, staffing and training can be implemented
- We advise on benchmarking and analysis so that operators of each nuclear unit can continuously learn and improve performance.
- The Exelon Nuclear Management Model provides strong oversight and accountability measures so that constant, daily performance tracking is standard.
- Exelon saved $13.6 million and 213 man-hours with our patented refueling bridge design.
- Our innovation record has led to improved unit designs and operations across platforms.
- Exelon's development of an innovative new refueling bridge design for GE reactors shortened an outage without sacrificing safety or quality performance.
- Exelon has won 29 Top Industry Practice (TIP) Awards since 2001 from the Nuclear Energy Institute for nuclear industry innovation
Exelon Generation Fact Sheet [PDF, 28.28 KB] Exelon Generation has one of the nation’s largest portfolios of electricity generation capacity with access to approximately 38,000 megawatts (MW) of owned and contracted electricity.