|Associate Equipment Operator||Associate Equipment Operator||GP0|#036d7cad-49e3-4a98-8821-efa704301d6d
L0|#0af276f24-a95e-4d4b-ba71-84424188a038|Nine Mile Point
GTSet|#7712b39a-721e-4406-b3c9-bfbaaf3b9a98||207450||https://exeloncorp.taleo.net/careersection/exelon_external/jobdetail.ftl?job=207450, https://exeloncorp.taleo.net/careersection/exelon_external/jobdetail.ftl?job=207450||<div><font face="Arial">Exelon is currently seeking qualified individuals interested in becoming an Associate Equipment Operator/Nuclear Equipment Operator at our Nine Mile Point Nuclear Station located in Oswego, NY </font></div><br><div><font face="Arial">Starting Rate: $31.
37 </font></div><br><div><font face="Arial">Targeted Start date: 1/2/2018 </font></div><br><div><font face="Arial"> </font></div><br><div><font face="Arial">NOTE: Applications without a resume will NOT be considered.
Please upload a Word or PDF file as we cannot open wps.
</font></div><br><div><font face="Arial"> </font></div><br><div><font face="Arial">POSITION SUMMARY The qualified candidate will regularly and customarily be responsible for the monitoring, control and operation of nuclear station equipment for the control room.
This includes the following, together with other related and incidental work.
1) Starts, stops, controls and monitors nuclear reactor and auxiliary reactor systems, as required for plant operations, including taking manual control of equipment as conditions warrant.
Starts, stops, controls and monitors steam turbine, main generator and auxiliary turbine generating equipment as required to maintain maximum station capability, including taking manual control of equipment as conditions warrant.
2) As directed, starts, stops, adjusts, tests and operates pumps, valves, switchgear, controls and other components of systems.
3) Monitors recorders and indicators within the control room for the nuclear and turbine generator systems for operation within prescribed limits.
Obtains overview data and performs various calculations as required by procedure.
4) Responds to plant indicators and alarms in accordance with plant procedures including identifying those parameters that are indicative of an emergency condition and initiating designated actions.
5) Performs operations in accordance with administrative procedures and NRC license including shift turnovers, log maintenance, etc.
6) Responds to and takes action as required in mitigating consequences of plant transient.
Required to be thoroughly familiar with entry conditions and cautions for the emergency operating procedure and the basis of each step in the procedures.
Required to be familiar with the abnormal operating event procedures and system diagnostic and restoration procedures.
7) Participates as a member of station fire brigade and will be required to function as fire brigade leader.
8) Assists shift supervision in the performance of any and all of the duties involved in directing and coordinating the actions of the other personnel assigned to assist in operation of the station.
9) Responsible to identify and correct deficient conditions through the use of the station Corrective Action program, initiating action requests for material condition issues and submitting Procedure change requests.
10) Initiates Emergency Plan in accordance with implementing procedure.
11) Implements tagging and system out-of-service requests, including directing others to realign valves, rack out breakers and hang tags.
12) During refueling of the reactor, manipulates controls, drives, etc.
and observes nuclear and radiation monitoring instruments in accordance with procedural controls.
May be required to assist in refueling.
13) Operates station communications equipment as required.
Individuals who are selected to fill these vacancies will enter one year of initial non-licensed operator training.
Once successfully completed, the candidate will assume shift duties on an operations team.
This is a shift work position.
Preference for applicants who view this entry-level position as an opportunity to progress into license training for a Reactor Operator or a Senior Reactor Operator role.
DISCLAIMER The preceding position description is intended to provide the general nature and level of work to be performed by employees within this classification.
It is not intended to be a detailed description of the position or a comprehensive listing of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position, nor is it intended to indicate the exact amounts of time an individual will perform various position duties.