Headquartered in Chicago, Exelon has operations and business activities in 47 states, the District of Columbia and Canada. The company is one of the largest competitive U.S. power generators, with approximately 34,700 megawatts of owned capacity comprising one of the nation’s cleanest and lowest-cost power generation fleets. Its Constellation business unit provides energy products and services to approximately 100,000 business and public sector customers and approximately 1 million residential customers. Exelon’s utilities deliver electricity and natural gas to more than 6.6 million customers in central Maryland (BGE), northern Illinois (ComEd) and southeastern Pennsylvania (PECO).
Learn more about the merged company.
How We Rank
- Exelon has been the top-ranked electric and gas utility on the FORTUNE 500 each year since 2008.
- Fortune Magazine has recognized Exelon as one of the "World's Most Admired Companies" each year since 2006.
- Exelon was the No. 1 ranked U.S. and global electric utility on Platts’ Top 250 Global Energy Companies list in 2012.
- Exelon was the No. 1 ranked U.S. energy company on Public Utilities Fortnightly's 40 Best Energy Companies list in 2012.
View Awards & Recognition List
Key Stats for 2012
- Operating Revenues $23.5 billion
- Assets $79 billion
- Employees Approximately 26,000
- Owned U.S. Generating Capacity Approximately 34,700 megawatts
- Electric and Natural Gas Delivery Customers 6.6 million
Chairman, Mayo A. Shattuck III
President & CEO, Christopher M. Crane
Exelon Management Team
Exelon Board of Directors
Family of Companies
Service Areas & Power Plant Host Communities
Driving Competition and Customer Choice
As the nation’s largest competitive energy provider, Exelon maintains a strategic presence in key competitive markets and believes that competition drives choice, innovation and savings for businesses and residential customers alike. The company champions competitive power markets as the best framework for meeting important economic and environmental policy objectives, including ensuring the nation’s shift to a cleaner energy supply in the most cost-effective manner.
Advancing Clean Energy
Exelon has one of the nation’s cleanest and lowest-cost power generation portfolios, with 55 percent nuclear, 28 percent natural gas and 10 percent hydro, wind, solar and other clean generation. In addition, Constellation provides customers with clean energy solutions including natural gas supply, solar energy solutions, energy efficiency services, load response and real-time energy management.
Exelon 2020, an industry-leading program designed to eliminate the equivalent of Exelon's carbon footprint by 2020, demonstrates the company's commitment to a clean energy future. Exelon expects to have achieved almost 90 percent of its goal by 2012.