Promoting a diverse and rewarding culture
Our vision is to be the best group of electric generation and electric and gas delivery companies in the United States – providing superior value for the customers, employees, investors and the communities we serve. The Exelon family of companies requires a workforce that is bold and committed to our core values: safety, integrity, diversity, respect, corporate citizenship, accountability and continuous improvement. We foster a culture that focuses on performance, promotes thought leadership, encourages innovation and acknowledges the power of ideas that are generated by a diverse work force.
Our vision includes the following goals for our people and culture:
1. Attract and retain employees who will best serve and represent our customers and communities.
Exelon strives to hire, develop, and retain the best people at every level of our organization. By providing a challenging environment, opportunities to grow professionally, competitive salary rates, and a comprehensive benefits package, we continue to grow a workforce that has made us one of the most successful companies in the energy industry.
back to top
2. Treat diversity and inclusion as a business imperative, core value and moral obligation
- Exelon has established diversity excellence goals in 5 strategic areas
- In 2011, approximately 5% of all Exelon purchases were made from certified businesses owned by minorities and women as part of the company’s Diverse Business Enablement initiative.
- Exelon’s Employee Network Groups support diversity, bring insight to Exelon’s strategies and goals, and serve as a resource to the corporation and its employees. The groups are self-initiated, voluntary, corporate-wide and open to all employees.
back to top
3. Create a challenging and rewarding workplace
Exelon is committed to retaining talented employees who contribute to the success of our business. We foster a culture of innovation and continuous improvement which is rewarded by opportunities for career advancement.
- Exelon 2020, our environmental business strategy, challenges all employees to contribute to our goal to reduce, offset and displace carbon emissions. Various teams collaborate to address the changing economic and political environments to ensure that we remain on track to eliminate our 2001 carbon foot print by 2020.
- Our compensation packages including base salary and incentives and health and retirement benefits, in addition to other programs, are designed to motivate and reward employees for achieving high levels of operational performance and outstanding financial results.
- Exelon believes that its employees are the owners and drivers of their careers which is an ongoing process. Through career management, employees proactively identify goals and manage the execution of their career plan with the support of their manager and the organization.
back to top