Exelon is the nation’s leading competitive energy provider with the industry’s largest portfolio of electricity generation capacity and nationwide reach. Headquartered in Chicago, Exelon has strong positions in the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic and now operates in 47 states, the District of Columbia and Canada.
The Exelon family of companies works to meet the highest standards in all aspects of energy, from generation to competitive energy sales to delivery. The family of companies includes Exelon Generation, Constellation, and delivery companies BGE, ComEd, and PECO. A shared corporate services unit, Exelon Business Services Company, supports the companies.
With strong positions in the Midwest, Mid-Atlantic, Texas and California, Exelon is the largest owner and operator of nuclear plants in the United States and maintains a growing renewable energy development business headquartered in Baltimore.
- Exelon Generation is the leading competitive power generator in the nation, with owned generating assets as of Dec. 31, 2012 totaling more than 34,700 megawatts.
- Exelon Nuclear manages the nation's largest fleet of nuclear plants.
The consulting arm of Exelon Nuclear, Exelon Nuclear Partners, advises clients on operational and management model practices to improve nuclear plant operation. (Visit ExelonNuclearPartners.com)
- Exelon Power maintains the fossil (coal, oil, and natural gas), landfill gas, hydro, wind and solar-powered fleet of generating assets. Exelon Power’s clean energy fleet is separated into three divisions within the business unit: Exelon Wind, Exelon Hydro and Exelon Solar.
- New to the Exelon Family
Constellation provides a wide range of innovative and integrated solutions to retail and wholesale customers across the country. Read more about the new company.
Competitive Energy Sales
Through our merger with Constellation, Exelon will bring more competition and clean energy supply to more customers.
Constellation provides energy products and services to retail and wholesale customers across 47 states, the District of Columbia and Canada. Constellation helps residential consumers, commercial and industrial businesses, as well as governments and institutions buy, manage and use their energy. (Visit Constellation.com)
Our three utility companies work hard to keep the lights on and the gas flowing for customers in three major urban areas by operating safely, reliably and efficiently.
- BGE serves more than 1.2 million electric customers and more than 650,000 gas customers in Central Maryland. (Visit BGE.com)
- ComEd serves northern Illinois, providing electricity to approximately 3.8 million customers (Visit ComEd.com)
- PECO serves southeastern Pennsylvania, providing electricity to 1.6 million customers and gas to 490,000 customers in Philadelphia. (Visit PECO.com)