Exelon Energy delivers traditional and alternative energy options to commercial and industrial businesses in four states. Exelon Energy provides customers with reliable and cost-effective electricity and natural gas products..
Exelon Energy markets electricity to customers in Illinois, Pennsylvania, and Ohio and natural gas to customers in Illinois, Michigan, and Ohio. Exelon Energy is just one of multiple energy suppliers that retail customers can choose in states with competitive markets.
Merging with Constellation
Exelon Energy and Power Team are integrating with one of the largest competitive wholesale and retail energy companies in the country – Constellation.
Why Customers Choose Exelon Energy
Competitively choosing an energy supplier allows business customers a clear advantage when it comes to managing their bottom line. Exelon Energy provides tailored energy solutions that work within each customer’s budget and environmental goals.
Learn more about Exelon Energy
- Competitive Pricing
- Flexible product offerings
- Unparalleled expertise in regional markets we serve
- Environmentally preferred power
- Top notch customer service and support
What is Emission-Free Energy?
- Emission-Free Energy, as defined by PJM, is electric power output from a generating unit that does not directly produce any emissions of sulfur dioxide, nitrogen oxide or carbon dioxide in the generation of electricity. Eligible fuel types include new and existing: solar photovoltaic, solar thermal, wind, hydro, nuclear, tidal energy and wave energy. A single Emission-Free Energy Certificate (EFEC) is produced for each metered mega-watt that is produced by a generating unit that does not directly produce any emissions*.
Environmentally Preferred Power
In addition to traditional electric and natural gas options, Exelon Energy offers a variety of energy products with low environmental impact by partnering with customers to meet their environmental goals and providing valuable insight on energy products, programs and pricing.
- Emission-Free Energy Certificates. Exelon Energy offers Emission-Free Energy Certificates (EFECs) for customers to blend with power purchases to provide different levels of emission-free attributes. By purchasing EFECs from Exelon Energy, customers acquire the environmental attributes associated with the power generated from a nuclear generating unit that emits virtually no greenhouse gases*.
- Renewable Energy Certificates. Exelon Energy also offers competitively priced Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs), both from Exelon Generation’s renewable portfolio and through various power purchase agreements with other renewable generation sources. For a premium, customers can also choose Green-e RECs that are certified by the Center for Resource Solutions.
Visit ExelonEnergy.com to learn more about product offerings.
*Only the direct generation process of generating facility is considered when applying the “Emission-Free” designation. All generating facilities produce greenhouse gases associated with the entire life-cycle of the facility. Life-cycle emissions include emissions associated with the construction of the plant, mining and processing the fuel, routine maintenance and operation of the plant, disposal of waste byproducts and decommissioning.