Southern California Solar
- Exelon Corporation has acquired Antelope Valley Solar Ranch One, a solar PV project in northern Los Angeles County, from First Solar. When completed, it will generate enough clean, renewable electricity to power the equivalent of 75,000 average homes and displace the carbon emissions of 30,000 cars per year.
Solar energy is part of Exelon Generation’s growing renewable energy portfolio of hydro, wind, and landfill gas power.
- As part of Exelon 2020, partnered with Sun Power to build the nation’s largest urban solar installation, Exelon City Solar.
- In 2011, Exelon acquired Antelope Valley Solar Ranch One, which is currently under construction in Los Angeles County, California. When it enters full commerical operation, AV Ranch One will be one of the largest solar photovoltaic projects in the world, with approximately 3.8 million solar panels.
Exelon aims to be a good neighbor within our local communities with active involvement through sponsorships, charitable giving and volunteering focusing on the environment, education, the arts and diversity. We encourage our employees to give back to their communities and we recognize their efforts through various programs.
- Exelon Generation and its partners Conergy earned the Green Power Generators Award from PennFutures for the Exelon Conergy Solar Energy Center. Exelon Power Team will market the solar Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs) associated with the solar plant’s electric production.
Solar Power Plants
Exelon Power is headquartered in Kennett Square, Pennsylvania. A business unit of Exelon Generation, Exelon Power is responsible for operating the company's fleet of fossil, renewable and hydroelectric generating assets. Exelon owns one solar power plant in Illinois and is developing another solar project in southern California. It also has ownership interest in Solar Energy Generating Systems (SEGS) which is also in California.
- Exelon-Operated Solar Plants
This 230-megawatt solar photovoltaic (PV) project under construction in northern Los Angeles County, Calif., was acquired by Exelon in September 2011. Full operation is planned for 2014.
W Ave D & 170th St W
North Antelope Valley, California 93536
This 10 MW solar photovoltaic facility, completed in 2010, was built on a “brownfield” site in an industrial corridor on the south side of Chicago.
1201 W. 120th Street
Chicago, Illinois 60643
- Ownership Interest Solar Plants
Solar Energy Generating Systems (SEGS) is a thermal solar generating facility, consisting of nine solar power plants in California's Mojave Desert. Exelon has ownership interest in SEGS IV, V and VI equivalent to 8 MW.
182 Pine Meadow Drive
McArthur, California 96056
Exelon Power Fact Sheet [PDF | 97 KB]Exelon Power is the business unit within Exelon Generation Company, LLC that is responsible for managing, operating, and maintaining the company’s fossil (coal, oil, and natural gas), landfill gas, hydro, wind and solar-powered fleet of generating assets.