Constellation and Oyster Creek Generating Station employ approximately 707 people. The nuclear facility generates 625-megawatts of electricity, contributing to a significant percentage of nuclear energy used by the state. The nuclear energy generated from Oyster Creek Generating Station provides clean air, environmental stewardship and low, stable electricity prices. Exelon provided approximately $2.2 million to New Jersey in property tax payments in 2011.
In addition, Constellation provides commercial, industrial, public sector and government agencies, municipalities and utilities with a comprehensive array of products and services to meet electricity, and sustainability needs. Constellation also provides competitive pricing for electricity and natural gas for residential customers as well as solar options.
Beyond reducing carbon emissions and providing cleaner sources of electricity, Exelon is invested as environmental stewards. Oyster Creek partners with local environmental organizations, such as the Marine Mammal Stranding Center, by providing funding for the purchase of their first emergency generator to allow the rescue organization to continue to care for and rehabilitate marine life even when power is lost.
Constellation works with its customers to reduce energy consumption as well as offers renewable and sustainable options including:
- Energy certificates
- Load response solutions
In total, New Jersey employees recorded more than 2,000 volunteer hours and corporate and employee donations totaled $400,000 in 2011. Exelon is proud of our employee culture of volunteerism, and we sponsor many initiatives on a higher level. Oyster Creek employees personally pledged nearly $286,000 to the United Way of Ocean County, making Oyster Creek the largest regional contributor ever. Oyster Creek contributes to various other community organizations throughout the year including: Waretown Schools, American Cancer Society and and Fish Hawks Saltwater Anglers Club to support the purchase of fishing rods and equipment to be given to youth members of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Ocean County.
Oyster Creek Generating Station is located in Lacey Township, Ocean County, near the New Jersey shore. Oyster Creek began operating in 1969 as the first large-scale commercial nuclear power plant in the United States. Its single boiling water reactor produces 645 net MW, enough to power 600,000 average American homes.
Route 9 South PO Box 388
Forked River, New Jersey 08731
Salem Generating Station
Salem Nuclear Power Plant is located in Hancocks Bridge, N.J. about 18 miles south of Wilmington, Del. It’s a 2-unit nuclear power facility that can produce enough electricity to power more than 2 million average American homes. PSEG owns 57% of Salem, Exelon Corporation owns the remaining 43%.
Hancocks Bridge, New Jersey